Cenikor’s culture is focused on helping our team to be the best they can be by providing an engaging, encouraging, and educational environment. Our organizational culture is focused on core principles that help our employees to find enjoyment in their work on a daily basis and pride in representing Cenikor. Here are the six core principles to our culture and a bit more on what it means to be a member of the Cenikor family.
- Mission-focus and dedication – Most people are motivated to work for a non-profit because of the personal fulfillment of helping others in need. We are all highly dedicated to the mission to serve our clients which gives us a common bond. Even as we continue to grow our service area and programs, we still feel like a family, building positive, long-lasting relationships with our colleagues. The Cenikor family is very goal-oriented, and everyone takes responsibility for the mission being achieved. We believe in team work dedicated to mutual success and in healthy conflict to resolve issues. We trust that our mission of service to our clients provides a strong focus toward the correct answer for any debate or question that comes up within the team.
- Respect, Kindness and a Positive Attitude – Employing respect, kindness and a positive attitude is essential for success as an employee of Cenikor. We enjoy celebrating both professional and personal successes with our family members. We strive to eliminate pretentiousness, meanness, pettiness or disrespect by anyone on the Cenikor team. We try to be human with each other, to care for each other. While everyone may have an “off day” now and then, we consistently expect respect, kindness and positive communication from each other, and work hard to include fun in our workday whenever we can.
- Role Modeling through Professionalism and Strong Work Ethic – While our style as a team might be easy-going, our attitude toward our work is extremely professional. We strive for excellence, and we expect the highest standards of productivity and effectiveness to meet the needs of our clients. Keeping commitments, being on time, and being organized are the standards for employees at every level. Staff members are considered role models for our clients and are expected to demonstrate this consistently.
- Team Development, Reward and Recognition – Part of our vision is to work with a well-trained, dedicated team. In addition to tuition reimbursement, we put significant money, time and effort into our leadership and professional development programs, including one-on-one mentoring by senior management and annual training conferences. We believe in rewarding and recognizing our employees based on excellent performance through annual evaluations and merit increases, employee of the month and year, as well as our annual gain sharing program. We strongly believe in developing our team members and promoting from within the Cenikor family as we continue to expand our services.
- Welcome feedback, and offer it responsibly – Our teammates are here to help us get things right, and we require a good amount of steady feedback in order to achieve excellence. We welcome this feedback with gratitude because we are constantly striving to improve. When we give feedback, we do so constructively and in a mission-focused way.
- Good Stewardship – It has been proven by many non-profits no longer in existence that no money = no mission. We want to continue to be in the business of serving our clients for a long time, and managing our resources well allows us to do this. We have an obligation to be good stewards of every dollar we receive, whether from donors, funding sources or our vocational services program. Every dollar counts. Whether it is turning off the lights when you leave a room, or saving thousands on a facility purchase, we expect financial accountability at all levels of the organization, and we set-up our strategic goals and budget to support this economic stewardship.
If you have a strong work ethic, a heart for helping others, and a positive attitude, Cenikor might be the right place for you! We look forward to receiving your application.