Vocation is recognized by many experts as a critical step in the path to successful recovery. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA), employment by its very nature helps integrate individuals into society and acknowledges their ability to contribute. We recognize that hard work instills crucial confidence and teaches the lesson of pride through achievement. Cenikor’s Workforce Development Program empowers clients to take control of their own career development by providing the necessary knowledge, tools and resources to be competitive in today’s job market.
The Workforce Development Team is comprised of professionals that will provide quality, outcome-driven and quantifiable employment services to Cenikor clients. Our purpose is to prepare and assist Cenikor clients with developing both soft and hard skills in order to become responsible citizens free of substance use disorders. The income produced from steady employment enables people to improve their living situations reducing exposure to violence and the stressors that may adversely affect behavioral health.
Workforce Development Highlights:
- Determine employability and retention capabilities
- Develop individualized employment plans
- Help eliminate barriers to employment
- Provide guidance on life skills; positive work behaviors; job skills assessment; presentation skills; rehearsal interviews; application assistance; resume development; and job search strategies
- Develop individualized job search activities
- Facilitate opportunities for post-secondary education and training
- Provide educational services for successful employment
Workforce Development with Adolescents
All clients in the Adolescent program (13-17) attend career development groups on a weekly basis conducted by licensed professionals that use a variety of techniques to meet varying learning styles. Career development groups cover topics including setting short-term versus long-term career goals, work etiquette, ethics, appropriate dress, interviewing strategies with role playing activities, resume writing skills, educational opportunities, financial responsibility, as well as, money management principles. We understand that teaching adolescents the life skills needed to be successful adults will serve them for a lifetime, and aid them in their long-term recovery.